Friday, November 20, 2015

Just a Little Vacation

This week Dad took me and Beth on a Daddy/Daughter vacation. It was so much fun! He took us to downtown Savannah. It was a beautiful city!! We had an awesome time together. 


        Of course you have to get snacks when you stop at the gas station right? :) Dad said that on this trip we had to get snacks that we have never tried before. So we got a whatchamacallit chocolate bar (which was really good) We also got White chocolate KitKats. And white chocolate Reeses. I think out of all of them my favorite was the whatchamacallit bar. (I don't even know if I spelled it right!)


    When we got there Dad took us to Leopold's. They had amazing ice cream. I got the chocolate chocolate chip. It was SO good! (notice our trip is based on mainly food) :)

   Down by the river we watched a huge boat pass by. I couldn't believe how big it was! And loud!




 
                                                         The Waving Lady Statue





             For dinner we went to the Melting Pot. It was awesome!! We were all absolutely stuffed when we were done!







     Of course we had to stop at the dueling fields! We first walked through the graveyard and then had a little duel. It was hard to believe that long ago men actually died there dueling.


                                             Beth was a little to slow......


                                  Dad of course had to get revenge for his daughter! :)







      It was awesome trip! So thankful for a Dad who cares enough for his girls that he will take us on a trip! Love you pop!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time together. So special. I can't believe you two actually laid on the ground for a photo. Weird Granddaughters I have....love it!!
    My Dad and I didn't get to spend much one on one time together when I was younger unless we were out in the garden or on the tractor. But one year when I was in high school, I wanted to go to a football game with my friends. I wasn't allowed to go unless my Dad went with me and he said yes!! My friends loved him. We had so much fun. One time while we were eating popcorn, they scored and my friends and I all jumped up screaming and yelling...we looked at Dad and he was sitting there just smiling and eating popcorn. Love and miss him so much. Enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.....thanks Grandma. I love you so much! And as we were taking the picture of us on the ground a police officer drove by. Who knows what he was thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete