Saturday, April 23, 2016

Desire

     I am the "standby" for nursery on Wednesday night, in case we have more kids than one lady can handle. :) But being in nursery means that you miss out on a great message. I will get in the car and hear my family talk about what an amazing message it was that night, and wish that I could have been there. Don't get me wrong! I absolutely LOVE being in nursery and helping out with the little kids. I wouldn't trade that for anything! But sometimes I do miss a really good message. And I know that I need the preaching just as much as anybody else. So I knew I needed to do something so that I could be in nursery but still get to hear another message sometime that week. This is where the internet comes in......I decided that whenever I was out of a service and in nursery, that sometime later that week I would go on Youtube and listen/watch a sermon online. This week I chose to listen to Scott Pauley, one of my favorite preachers! (I know I say that a lot) :) His message title was "Desire". I thought I would share with you some quotes that really stuck out to me.


    Nothing ever stays stationary in the Christian life. You are either moving forward or backward. 


   Your feelings will always change. The real test of the Christian life is when the emotions end. What will you do then?


   Am I separating myself from all distractions so that I can have wisdom?


     If I want God to listen when I speak.....I must first listen to God when He speaks.

Those quotes really stuck out to me. I am so glad that I was able to listen to this message. The Lord has really spoken to my heart about keeping the desire for God's plan in my life. I hope this was a blessing to you too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment