Tuesday, March 1, 2016

For A Purpose

      This year the Lord has really been working on my heart about my personal walk with Him. Trust me...I have a LOT of work to do! I am not perfect! Some days while reading my Bible, I find myself thinking about something else. Or when I am praying, that seems to be the time when Silas, Callie, and Micah are the most noisy! Yes, I know, it is hard....but it is NOT impossible to have that special one-on-one time with our Savior.
      Before the beginning of the year, my Dad passed out some Bible reading schedules. I picked out one that goes week by week and every day it has you read in a different part of your Bible. One day I read Psalms, another day I read in the Gospels and so on. Well. today I was reading in Isaiah, and one part of Scripture really stuck out to me and spoke to my heart. It's in Isaiah 43:7

         ".....for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; I have made him."

   The Lord has created each and every one of us for His glory and for a purpose. God has something planned for every one of us! Isn't that amazing! If you follow His will, you will never go wrong! God has a will for my life....He has a special someone already picked out for me. Whether he wants me to be a pastor's wife or a stay at home mom...I don't know! But He will show me in His timing! I have to be patient and content with where the Lord has me and what He has planned for me. I wasn't some mistake that God accidentally made. Nope....He made me with a purpose!
   Right now God has put me in a place where I can serve Him! I play the piano for church and teach the Nursery Sunday School. I love where God has me! Knowing that I am right in the middle of God's will is the best feeling ever.
   Don't get discouraged! Every time you start to feel down, just remember that you are here for a purpose! You are special!

No comments:

Post a Comment