Tuesday, June 14, 2016

What an Amazing Week!!!

This week some teen girls from my church and a couple others from a church in Port Charlotte had the amazing pleasure of going to the Deep South Youth Conference in Gulfport, Mississippi. It was wonderful! The Lord worked on all of our hearts and many decisions were made. I thought I would share with you some of the pictures and memories we made all along the way.


           On our way! It was a seven and a half hour drive. There was definitely a lot of giggling!


                    We were scared that the luggage on the back would come loose and fall off. Thankfully we made it safely with all of our stuff!

       With a seven hour drive you have to stop along the way and get snacks, of course. Mcdonalds was one of our first stops for breakfast.

                                                         Finally in Mississippi!!!

                 I just love Linsey's face in this picture! (she is the girl all the way to the right)

          Thank you so much Mrs. Lydia (and mom!) for driving us crazy girls!

                We were able to stop at the Mississippi Welcome Center and stretch our legs. The welcome center was decorated really beautifully!


        I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that I have. They are amazing and such an encouragement to me! Love you Beth, Tricia, Tabitha, and Linsey!





            We were able to rent a house for a couple days and it was beautiful! A lot better than staying in a hotel. :) The view in the morning was great and it was so peaceful!

                                             Perfect for having morning devotions!




          This is the first night of the conference. We were all SOO excited to hear the preachers!

    The church there rented the water park. One day for the girls and one day for the boys. It was my first time going to a water park and it was so much fun! I loved all the slides and the lazy river too!






     This is the second night of the youth conference! So glad I got to share this memory with these wonderful friends.

    After seeing Grammy's Donuts on the drive home we knew we would have to get breakfast there the next morning!

    So I thought I would explain this picture to you.  While me and my family were in St.Barths, before we started the church, we would watch some preaching online. Bro.Bob Gray 2 became one of our favorites to listen to. When we found out that he would be one of the preachers at the conference, we were SOO excited!! We knew we would have to have him sign our Bibles and get a picture with him! :) All of us girls were really excited to finally meet him in person! (and thank you Bro Scott Gray for the photo bomb!) :) :)

           And in being in Mississippi we also knew we would have to get some sno-cones! We found a cute little place on the beach and ate some while listening to the waves.

 Umm.....does anyone notice the flavors Frog in the Blender and Fuzzy Navel???? I just stuck with a normal flavor!











    After eating our sno-cones we sang some hymns on the beach before we left. What a sweet memory!

              This is Bro Bob Gray 2. He was my favorite preacher at the conference!

                            I love it how Bro.Gray uses someone in the crowd as an example. It makes the message really stick in our minds!






                                     Someone took our picture and it got put on the wall!


  I know these pictures are kind of blurry....but! This is one of the games that they had. What I didn't realize is that I got volunteered to play in it! Thanks Mom.....  It was an Indian pillow fight and let's just say.......I got beat really bad. And I mean really bad! The other girl was really tough! That was kind of an embaressing moment, but now we look back and laugh at how horrible I did! :)



I plan on posting in the next few days about the messages that were preached and what kind of decisions were made! I am so thankful to be able to have gone with this wonderful group of girls! This week was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment